17 July 2008

Sunday Morning Drive 13 July

Last week's drive was from Sabzazar to Chauburji. I'm very interested in documenting how the villages and settlements that surrounded Lahore were gradually enveloped by the city. Near Sabzazar is the village of Saidpur and the Shrine of Shah Farid. From there, I went north followed the road past Dhanowal parralell to Multan Road.

Here's an example of a new Lahori Jharoka in a house in the area.











I resurfaced on Bund Road, in the precincts of the Nawankot Police Station. This is where one of Lahore's bigger bus addas is.

From there, I got back onto Multan Road and headed towards Chauburji. A little before Poonch House, I turned left.











Welcome to Chauburji Park











Below are some of the houses in and near Chauburji Park. The old house is very fascinating. It's located on Ramraj Road (please correct me if I'm wrong) and very near the Chuburji monument itself.






No comments: